Cushion inserts are the inner stuffing that creates the inside of your cushion.
Having cushion inserts and cushions covers allows you to remove the cover for a quick and easy change. This allows you to simply change the look from season to season.
In the long run, having cushion inserts and cushion covers will be cheaper as you will not need to buy the insert every time. Another benefit of cushion inserts is that you will need less storage space.
Cushions inserts can be made with varying material. The three most common types are:
- Poly-fill - also known as polyester fill
- Down-filled - also known as feather
- Synthetic down - also known as down alternative
1) Poly-fill: Is a synthetic material used as cushioning in pillows and bedding. It is firm, durable and widely used in the bedding industry. These low-priced inserts are made from polyester, commonly referred to as polyester fiber, fiberfill, or, simply, stuffing.
Cons: Does not wash well or dry completely, causing the material to bunch and not maintain its original properties.
2) Down-filled (feather filled): Luxuriously loft and of high premium quality. These costly inserts are made from duck and goose feathers, providing ultimate warmth.
Cons: Poking and losing feathers, allergenic and premium pricing.
3) Synthetic down: (down alternative): A replica to down. Mimicking down by using a high quality blend of cotton and polyester fibers that are thinly spun to create lofty clusters. Synthetic down is naturally hypoallergenic, ultra soft, machine washable and its lightweight material is perfect for molding your way! Affordable and premium!
We only sell high quality synthetic down inserts.